Determined to enhance the popular LPD8, we’ve upped the ante on portability and performance by creating the world’s first Bluetooth MIDI pad controller.
Featuring eight velocity and pressure sensitive MPC-style pads, the new LPD8 Wireless unplugs you from your computer desk and lets you create where you feel most inspired musically. Command your favorite VST kits from nearly anywhere in the same room as your computer, and don’t worry about stumbling over any cables in the process.
Your typical small-profile pad controller hosts the bare essentials for producers in terms of functionality. We’ve taken it a step further by including buttons for Full Level if you’re looking to play audio samples loud and clear regardless of how hard or soft the pads are triggered, Note Repeat for those proper build ups and effortless hi-hat rolls, and NR Config to tweak Swing and Time Division parameters.
The on-stage musician will get to love the LPD8 Wireless just as much as the studio producer since the LPD8 Wireless doesn’t require a MIDI cord, making it an especially lethal tool on stage. No batteries? No problem. The LPD8 Wireless can also be powered via USB cable.
The LPD8 Wireless is ultra-portable and laptops are just… portable. You can make your whole workstation ultra-portable with the LPD8 Wireless’s iOS compatibility. Feel free to produce on your iPad with your favorite beat making app, such as the iMPC Pro. Also, pairing your LPD8 Wireless with the LPK25 Wireless, our Bluetooth MIDI enabled keyboard, will put your creativity into overdrive, all while maintaining a truly mobile setup.
The LPD8 Wireless is the pioneer of a new generation of MIDI controllers by keeping you connected to your production and live performances – no cables necessary.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Bluetooth LE?
Bluetooth Low Energy, also known as Bluetooth LE or Bluetooth Smart, is a means to wirelessly link electronic devices. Bluetooth LE consumes a lesser amount of power than older iterations of Bluetooth.
Can I use this with my Windows computer?
Yes, but it can only be connected via wired USB connection. Transferring MIDI via Bluetooth LE is not officially supported. Although workarounds do exist, latency is typically a factor that adversely affects workflow.
Is a driver required to connect this device to my computer?
No! This device is class compliant with both MacOS and iOS devices.
How can I tell if my computer running Mac OS has Bluetooth LE?
- Click the Apple symbol in your taskbar.
- Select About This Mac.
- Click on the More Info…
- Click on the System Report…
- Select Bluetooth from the sidebar on the left, underneath “”Hardware.””
- Scan down the list of information until you find LMP Version.
If your Mac is equipped with Bluetooth 4.0, LMP Version will say 0x6. Anything lower than that is an older version of Bluetooth.
What if my iOS app does not support Bluetooth MIDI?
Many of the iOS synth and audio apps that you love may not yet support Bluetooth MIDI and may not offer any options to select input from your LPD8 Wireless. No problem! There are a few MIDI utility apps, such as midimittr that will accept the connection and route it to your favorite apps.
Wait! What if I still have more questions?
Don’t worry! You can visit akaipro.com/support for detailed FAQs and technical support.
- (8) backlit pads, velocity-sensitive; 2 pad banks; full-level button
- (8) 270° knobs
- Time Divisions: 1/4-note, 1/4-note triplet, 1/8-note, 1/8-note triplet, 1/16-note, 1/16-note triplet, 1/32-note, or 1/32-note triplet
- Swing: 50%, 56%, 58%, 60%, 62%
- Tempo: 30–240 BPM via Tap Tempo button (internal sync) Based on software tempo (external sync)
- 4 stored programs, configurable via free downloadable editor software
- Profile: Bluetooth Low Energy (LE)
- Range*: Over 100 feet / 30.5 meters
- USB port
- Via USB or (3) AA batteries
Dimensions: (width x depth x height)
- 4” x 4.3” x 1.3”
- 315 x 110 x 34 mm
- 45 kg
- LPD8 Wireless
- USB A to B Cable
- Software Download Card
- Safety and Warranty Manual
- Printed User Guide
- Portable Drum Pad MIDI Controller with Bluetooth 4.0 Connectivity
- Powered by (3) AA batteries or via USB connection
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and iOS and available music-making apps, such as iMPC Pro
- Includes 6 buttons and 8 knobs which are assignable in your software, as well as the MPC classics: Full Level mode, Note Repeat, and NR Config
- Compatible with Akai Professional LPK25 Wireless keyboard controller