Our natural rainsticks are handcrafted in Chile and produce a mystical sound like rain trickling. The 15″ length rain stick offers a rain-trickle sound that can last for a few second when played correctly, and should not be expected to hold the sustain of larger rainsticks. Our 15″ rain stick also works great as a shaker or a rattle! — After the plentiful Capado cactus plant lives about 6 decades it dies and dries out, and is then harvested, cleaned, and hollowed out by native artisans. The spines are pushed into the hard wood body, or small sticks are inserted, and many very small pebbles are sealed inside. The unique sound produced by turning the stick from end to end is mesmerizing to children and adults alike, and is still used in traditional rain ceremonies throughout South America today.
* sturdy construction will stand up to use in the classroom, home, or band over time
* much clearer sound than plastic or poorly made imitation rainsticks
* twine dyed in bright Chilean color combinations wrapped around one or both ends of rainstick
* we pay our artisans extra to have a special clear sealant applied, making our rainsticks smoother, water and stain resistance, and more durable
* the spines that are pushed into the cactus may work their way out during shipping & handling. If this affects you, please use a hard flat object, such as a butter knife or flat screwdriver, and gently press the spines into the rainstick.
* SIZE OPTIONS: available in 10″, 15″, 20″, 30″, or 40″
* your purchase of this rainstick helps to support the humanitarian work of Africa Heartwood Project .org in West Africa
* Authenticity note: World Percussion USA is the only authorized reseller of this unique imported rainstick under the name of Africa Heartwood Project. All other Amazon sellers on this listing are not honest in matching their product to ours; proceed with caution, as their quality and non-profit support will not match this listing description.
- sturdy construction will stand up to use in the classroom, home, or band over time
- much clearer sound than plastic or poorly made imitation rainsticks
- twine dyed in bright Chilean color combinations wrapped around one or both ends of rainstick
- clear coated for smoother, more water and stain resistant, and durable finish
- Your purchase of this rainstick helps support the efforts of Africa Heartwood Project .org